2 Make-Up routines that are simple and elegant!



It's pretty exciting when your parents finally say, "Okay, you can wear make-up". That came for me about three months before my 15th birthday. You go to get the make-up and then realize that you have no clue what you're doing.

What in the world is concealer?

What's the difference between liquid foundation and the powdered one?

And who needs false eyelashes THAT LONG??? (note: NEVER WEAR FALSE EYELASHES UNLESS YOU NEED IT FOR STAGE MAKE-UP. THEY. ARE. RIDICULOUSLY. LONG)

Yeah.

This all so confusing.

So you go home with some make-up and look up "Make-up routines" on YouTube or something.

Holy cow

Was that supposed to make it simpler?????

WHAT NORMAL PERSON HAS TO WEAR THAT MUCH MAKE-UP???

Now here's the thing, with make-up, it's basically trial and error, and seeing what works best for you. Something that I try to keep in mind is that I want it to look like I'm NOT wearing make-up (except for dance). Some people might ask, "Then what's the purpose of make-up???". Make-up is supposed to highlight your beauty, make it natural. If you have so much make-up on that you look like a totally different person when you take it off, then you have too much make-up on.

One time after church (and I was wearing make-up), my mom asked me, "I thought you were going to wear make-up??" MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

So I have two routines for you girlies! The first one is the one I used when I first started wearing make-up, and the second one is the one I use now. I'll list all the products I use at the end of the post!

(I'll apologize in advance for the awful pictures and for mentally scaring you with my face)

Routine #1: For the beginner


So, first, you want to wash your face. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WASH YOUR FACE BEFORE AND AFTER YOU DO YOUR MAKE-UP. Thank you.

I like to put some coconut oil on my face before I put my makeup on because my face gets really dry after I wash it.

For this routine, you'll need

Blush


Powdered foundation


A light pink eyeshadow


Total-face brush


Eyeshadow brush


And this thingy that comes with most powdered foundations


(and this is the part where you guys might want to shield your eyes)

So, you're going to put the blush on first using the total-face brush.

Yep, you heard me, blush on first. This makes it look more natural at the end.


Make sure to put in under your cheekbones.

Now that you have blush on, use the thingy that I have no idea what its real name is and put on your powdered foundation on, don't forget to put some on your neck


Lastly, put on your eyeshadow with your eyeshadow brush (duh).

There! You're done! Like I said, this one is really simple and good if you have just been allowed to wear make-up. For fancier events, you can just put some darker eyeshadow on (I usually wear a darker pink if the event is in the day and purple if it's in the evening.)


                          Before                                                                            After


As you can see in the before picture, my skin looks dry and tight since I just washed it. And there isn't that much of a difference between the two pictures, which is good!

Routine #2: For the little more experienced


This is the routine I used now, and it's also not that complicated but I think anyone who is ready to move on from the first routine can use! As you can see in the picture above, there is a bit more make-up involved here.

For this routine, you'll need

Blush


Liquid Foundation


Concealer


Powdered Foundation


Light Pink Eyeshadow


Foundation Brush


Total-Face Brush


Eyeshadow Brush


Again, you'll put the blush on first


Remeber to use the total-face brush to put it under your cheekbones.

Then pump some liquid foundation into your hand


I usually start with one pump but I usually add more if I need some. Make sure to get a foundation that matches your skin-tone

Dot the foundation all over your face (this is the part where my siblings make fun of me).


The way I dot it is in a circle around my face, then on my nose, above my lips, and then on my cheeks.

Using your foundation brush, blend it in. This part takes a little time, and make sure to get EVERY part of your skin. It'll show. A part to remember is your hairline.


Also, put some foundation on your neck and any part of your collarbone that is exposed by your shirt. It'll make it look more natural because the foundation won't match your skin 100% and that'll help it blend it in some more.

Next, take out your concealer. Put some under your eyes and then on any blemishes that stand out.


You want to get a concealer that's a little lighter than your skin tone.

Using your foundation brush, blend it in.


Using your total-face brush, lightly dust your powdered foundation all over your face. Then put your eyeshadow on.

                         Before                                                                               After


See? There isn't even that much of a difference! Again, if you want to dress it up, you can put some darker eyeshadow on or mascara.

I don't use contour (still haven't gone there yet) so I'm sorry that I can't help you out there yet.

What I used:

Make-Up:

Blush= Burt's Bess Blush: 1210 "Shy Pink"
Powdered Foundation= Burt's Bees Powder Foundation With Bamboo: 1110 "Vanilla"
Eyeshadow= Maybelline New York (sorry, don't know the rest of the details for this one, it's a single color, a light pink)
Liquid Foundation= Burt's Bees Goodness Glows Liquid Make-Up: 1045 "Warm Honey"
Concealer= Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Concealer: 30 "Light/Medium"

Brushes:

Elf's total-face brush
Elf's foundation brush
Elf's defining eye brush

You can get all the items listed above at Walmart!

And three more tips:

1: Do your hair before your make-up
2: Don't do your make-up in the clothes you're going to wear out, you might accidentally get make-up on it
3: Wash your hands after putting on your liquid foundation

So hopefully this helps some of you girls! But, remember, you have to do what is best for you. Lot's of trial and error. You don't have to follow these routines to the letter, this is what works best for me. Also, make-up is supposed to help define your features, not cover them completely!

Love you girles,

Ceci <3

Comments

  1. Great post, Ceci! I love reading about other girls' makeup routines; actually my makeup routine is quite similar to yours! Do you ever wear lipstick or lip gloss? I have a hard time with those because they always look too bright on me. But if it's not a bright color and if I remove most of it after applying it then it can look all right. Same goes for my sister but my mom can wear lipstick and it looks great. Funny how each person is so different! Anyway, thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! I never put blush on before foundation - I actually put very little on my cheekbones after I finish the foundation part.

    Actually to be honest, my makeup routine consists of concealer, foundation, and blush. I may add a tiny amount of eyeshadow and lip color if I need it, but most of the time, I've discovered that I don't.

    Awesome post, Ceci!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment